Senior Compliance Analyst
We are looking for a seasoned seasoned analyst who has a diverse compliance background in life and health products, is professional, highly organized, detail oriented and a team player. We are a cohesive group so finding the right fit for our organization is very important.
In this position your responsibility will be to perform high level legislative research and review of state laws and regulations, draft contract language for complex life, annuity and accident and health products, develop appropriate filing strategies and negotiate regulatory approvals of all client projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Research, analyze and prepare compliance memos by reviewing state and or federal laws, regulations, bulletins and other sources of information. Be creative in research and analytical skills.
- Utilize strong project management skills; handle multiple projects and products; keep clients and staff abreast of status.
- Obtain approvals by creating, drafting, and revising policy forms in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish and maintain rapport with regulatory personnel; resolving concerns.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum 4 year college degree in Business, Insurance, English, Law, or related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in compliance for individual and/or group life, annuity, accident and health insurance. Prior product compliance and/or state filings experience required.
- SERFF Filings knowledge a plus.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to effectively with diverse clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively on an independent basis and remote from a
home office operation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and business judgment; ability to enhance team performance through individual contribution and focus on common goals.
- Demonstrated progressive and broad based comprehension of insurance operations such as contracts, claims, underwriting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of MS Office 365 Suite and familiarity with current e-trends. Ability to troubleshoot IT problems working independently.